Friday, November 14, 2008

bow holder

My girls have bows, bows, and more bows. It's not their fault, it's mine. I get on Etsy and go to town, buying the cutest little bows. (Gals with Girls is by far my favorite). But when you have this bow addiction, as I obviously do, you start to run out of space in the drawer(s) and find them all over the house. I love the litte bow holders you can buy, but instead of spending $10/$15 to buy one, I decided to make my own.

I bought a wooden butterfly thing at Michael's for $1.50, then a yard of ribbon at JoAnn's for $1. I painted the butterfly with some paints I had, stapled the ribbon to the butterfly, and wah-lah! Our very own bow holder...
.


1 comment:

Jaime Joynt said...

Such a cute idea...totally going to make one! Do you have an idea for little headbands? I guess you could get the same butterfly and add pegs to it? Hmmm...maybe?! I am excited. Now if only I could get my daughter to wear the bows I am collecting...