Monday, October 27, 2008

Pumpkin Patch


So I'm really starting to get in the spirit of Autumn/Halloween!
.
I used Wilton's Mini Fluted Tube Pan, yellow cake mix, store-bought frosting, and mini ice-cream cones (top cut off, upside down). Forgive my frosting skills, this was definitely a time when I needed my trusty friend Julie!
.
Tips...
*Trim the edge of the cake after baked to make a more spherical shape.
*Color coconut to make "fall leaves" for the pumpkins to sit on.
*I figured this out after I realized I hadn't saved any white frosting to make green... add several drops of green food coloring to the orange frosting and it won't turn brown, you'll get the green above. Not brilliant, but still green.
.
Hope my directions weren't too vague. Leave a comment if I've utterly confused anyone!

No comments: